Create a Folder - 0:40
- Click on the "New" button
- Select "Folder"
- Name your folder
You can also create a folder by using the shortcut "SHIFT + F"
Set Folder Color - 1:03
- Right-click on a folder
- Navigate to "Change Color"
- Select the color you wish to use
Add Files to Google Drive - 1:18
- Click on the "New" button then "File upload" to upload individual files
- Click on the "New" button then "Folder upload" to upload entire folders
- Click on the "New" button then Doc or Sheet or Slide to create a Google Document
Here are the shortcuts to create new Google Documents in Google Drive
- SHIFT + T to create a Doc
- SHIFT + S to create a Sheet
- SHIFT + P to create a Slide
Move a File Within Drive - 2:50
- Right-click on the file
- Select the "Move to"
- Select the folder you wish to move it to
You can alternatively drag and drop the file to the folder you wish to move it to.
Share a Folder/File With Someone - 3:08
- Right-click on the folder or file
- Select "Share" to open the sharing menu
- Type in the name/email address of the person you wish to share a file with OR select Get Link to share with anyone via a link (security risk, be mindful)
Additional Drive Menu Options - 3:50
- Shared Drives - think of these as binders that are shared with the team
- Shared with me - this is a location to find any files that were shared with you
- Recent - all of the files you have recently created/accessed
- Starred - all of your starred files
- Trash - all of the files you have moved to the trash, this automatically empties every 30 days
Folder/File Details & Activity - 4:18
- Click on the folder
- Use the "i" button to view details about the folder
- Select the "Activity" tab to view all recent activity