Common Use Apps
- Google Meet - a video conferencing tool that can be used instead of Zoom. Google Meet will ensure the safety of students and staff
- Flipgrid - video blog collaboration tool for the classroom.
Find more K12 Apps and Reviews by visiting https://www.commonsense.org/education/ and clicking on EdTech Reviews.
PreK - Grade 2
- PBS Kids - Resources for parents on ways to support their child(ren)’s learning at home, games, and videos
- Age of Learning - Online access to ABCmouse and Reading IQ. The site includes games, lessons, books, songs, and puzzles. Families may have access for 3 students using the provided code.
- GoNoodle - Online resource for parents that offers free movement, yoga, and other activities
- Suessville - Activities, crafts, and printables to engage your child in playful learning.
Grades 3 - 6
- Age of Learning - Online access to Adventure Academy brings learning to life as it builds critical knowledge of essential curriculum topics with thousands of learning activities in language arts, math, science, and social studies in a safe and engaging virtual world, and Reading IQ. s an advanced digital library and literacy platform for children through 6th grade that provides access to thousands of high-quality books, all curated by experts to advance literacy. ReadingIQ includes many books in Spanish and an offline mode that does not require continuous Internet connectivity.
- Hour of Code - online coding courses and games and offline learning, there are endless coding resources available.
- National Geographic Kids - Activities and games that explore geography, cartography, and nature.
- Cool Math Games - An online site that features a variety of math games that address both basic and more advanced math skills.
- Fun Brain - An online site with games, reading, videos, and a math zone for grades K-8.
- Google Arts & Culture - an online platform through which the public can access high-resolution images of artworks housed in the initiative's partner museums.
- MobyMax - an online suite of learning solutions designed to provide K-8 teachers with CCSS-aligned content,
assessments, and activities for all topics and subject areas.
- Khan Academy - offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace.
- MIT Udemy - free online course for middle and high school students. Use the filter button to sort by grade level
- Project Gutenberg - is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.