Our team has spent hours digging through different video chat solutions. We have found one that stands out with cutting edge features, simplicity, reliability and security.
Google Hangout Meet
Google Hangout Meet is a video chat/conference solution by Google. Google Meet is included in all G Suite for business/education/non-profit accounts. Google has recently extended all advanced features of Google Hangout Meet until July 1, 2020, for any G Suite customer. Below are some resources on how to get started with Hangout Meet:
- Step by step guide from Google
- Video tutorial from Principal Dodge
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Google Hangout Meet Grid View
All Google Hangout Apps
Google Hangout Legacy
- This is the old Hangout app (not sure why they haven't turned it off)
- This app allows you to message people who have Gmail accounts inside or outside of the district
- Here is the link to use the legacy Hangouts App: https://hangouts.google.com/ (there are mobile apps available)
Google Chat (the new Hangout Chat)
- This is their new chat app.
- This app is solely for sending text messages to individuals or groups within the mtrsd.org domain
- Here is the link to use the new Chat App: https://chat.google.com/
- This is their new Hangouts Video app
- This app is used for scheduling video calls or conference voice calls. Anyone can join, no Google account required.
- Here is the link to use the new Meet App: https://meet.google.com/