Google Classroom is a free workflow management platform to help teachers manage classes, assignments, and grades that integrates seamlessly with other Google productivity tools like Google Docs and Drive.
Google Classroom allows you and your students to stay organized in a digital and tech-enabled environment that supports real-time feedback and differentiation.
Google Classroom helps you save time, communicate and collaborate with features like:
- Push content to student’s screens - Push webpages instantly to a class with the Share to Classroom extension. Students can also share their screen with their teacher.
- Rich assignment materials - Add materials, such as YouTube videos, Google Forms surveys, PDFs and other items from Google Drive. Students can draw on, write notes, and highlight documents and PDFs.
- Customize assignments - Add due dates, create customized grade values, and track which assignments are graded.
- One-click worksheets - use the "Make a copy for each student" feature to create an individual document for each student.
- Prepare in advance - Draft posts and assignments, or schedule them to automatically post
- Quick exit tickets and polling - Quickly post a question to students, then view results in Classroom.
- Keep students organized - Each class gets a Google Calendar that updates with work and due dates. Students can view upcoming work in the class stream, on their work page, or in the class calendar.
Read more about Google Classroom's features and benefits
USING GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Google has a Teacher Center with video tutorials to get you started with all the basics and tips and tricks of Google Classroom.
There are also blog articles and videos with ideas on how to get the most out of Google Classroom!